Brain Awareness Month 1998
1998 is an international event and is coordinated locally by the
Winnipeg Chapter of the Society for Neuroscience.
"Plug into Neuroscience"
Manitoba Event Schedule
- FEBRUARY 28 Stroke Symposium
8-4 pm, Theatre A, Basic Medical Science Bldg
- MARCH 11 Annual General Meeting
Winnipeg Chapter of the Society for Neuroscience,
12 noon-1 pm, Theatre A
registration for AGM at 11:30 am
- MARCH 11 Dr. Ronald Oppenheim
"Activity dependent regulation of
motoneuron development and survival"
Grass Travelling Scientist Program Lecture, 1-2 pm,
- MARCH 11 Manitoba Neuroscience Poster Day
2-5 pm, Brodie Centre
- MARCH 11 Neuroscience Nurses Day
Hosted by the neuroscience unit at HSC-GD2.
8-10 am in GD212, all HSC nurses are welcome to join us for coffee
14:30 in GD212, Dr. Ian Ross will be speaking on Subarachnoid
Hemorrhage - Physiology and Treatment.
See SCRC News
- MARCH 14-15 Performance Enhancement Workshop
- MARCH 30-APRIL 1 Lunchtime Video Series
12 noon-1 pm, Theatre C or B (see schedule)
We gratefully acknowledge the support of these sponsors:
and the Grass Foundation.
Related & Upcoming Events
- Manitoba Head Injury Association Seminars
Society for Manitobans with Diabilities-Kinsmen Bldg.,
2nd Floor, 825 Sherbrook St., Winnipeg, Tel 772-6979.
Entrance by parking Lot. Free parking. Wheelchair accessible.
Thursday, February 19, 7:30 pm."HEAD INJURY - A TEAM
March 19th "The Family - We're All
April 16th "Conflict Management"
- Concussion in Sport Workshop, Sport
Medicine Council & Manitoba Head Injury Association.
- A web page devoted to the "Sights and Sounds
of a Neuroscience Lab"
- "Did you know about Manitoba Neuroscientists?"
- A web page with photos of our Neuroscience Day event
Contact the Brain Awareness Month Committee by e-mail:
Brain Awareness Month activities in Manitoba are part of WCSN's
participation in the Society For Neuroscience's Brain Awareness Week 1998.
Check out the International BAW web site -
Brain Awareness Week 1998: Home Page.
and WCSN WWW administrator:
This page was prepared by
Dean Kriellaars and